Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne

Merciful hell this series is finally over.  There's nothing all that new with Mockingjay that was missing from the first two books.  The sentences are painfully choppy, although this time Suzanne Collins treats us to multiple paragraphs where the longest sentence is 5 words...five freaking words!  The plot is predictable and the ending is given away within the first 50 pages of The Hunger Games.  Katniss is still a total puppet and wimp and really unlikable.  You know the book is bad when the most likable character is the cat named Buttercup and his presence is quite minor.  Oh and the story is still derivative as all get out.

After finishing this series, I take back anything I said about Stephenie Meyer being a bad writer.  Sure she's kinda lousy, but she's a million times better than Suzanne Collins.  The Twilight saga may be awful, but at least it's entertaining.  The Hunger Games trilogy is about as exciting as a plain and stale rice cake.

LOLcats did their version of the Twilight books, and I can only hope that Mad Magazine takes some more jabs at Catching Fire and Mockingjay.